Carnival Cruise Line Overview
Carnival Cruise Line is known for its fun, laid-back, and family-friendly cruises with a focus on entertainment options for all ages. The cruise line is a great choice for families, young couples, and singles looking for an exciting and budget-friendly cruise.
Their ships offer a wide range of fun onboard activities, and they have some of the lowest prices in the industry.
Pros of a Carnival Cruise Line Cruise
- Carnival Cruise Line offers an impressive value for its price. They offer a wide selection of cabins that can accommodate up to five people. When you add a 3rd, 4th, or 5th passenger to the cabin it can result in a significant reduction in the base fare per passenger.
- The vast majority of entertainment options are kid-friendly, and on the rare occasion where a show isn’t, there are plenty of signs and announcements to warn parents.
- Carnival has lots of activities to keep kids entertained. Their ships include huge playrooms, video arcades, mini-golf courses, and water slides. Some ships also have a ropes course!
Cons of a Carnival Cruise Line Cruise
- Food can be inconsistent from ship to ship, and even sailing to sailing date.
- Because of its family appeal, be prepared to see plenty of kids on your cruise. This is especially true during peak sailing season when kids are out of school. That said, you can always escape to the adult-only casino or Serenity deck.
- Lack of sailing itineraries outside of North America.
Who It’s For
Carnival is known as the fun cruise line. It is a great choice for families, active-minded couples, and budget-conscious cruisers.
Who It’s Not For
Those seeking a relaxing cruise and a quiet atmosphere should look elsewhere.