Norwegian Cruise Line Overview
Carnival Cruise Line is known for its casual, laid-back approach to cruising. The cruise line is a great choice for families, young couples, and singles looking for a relaxing getaway.
Their ships offer a wide range of fun onboard activities, and are perhaps best known for their Freestyle Dining and Free at Sea promotion.
Pros of a Norwegian Cruise Line Cruise
- Norwegian Cruise Line offers an extensive choice of restaurants, bars, and onboard activities.
- The onboard entertainment is among the best in the industry.
- Norwegians Freestyle Dining and Free at Sea promotion are favorites among travellers.
- Some NCL cruise ships have cabins specifically designed for solo travellers.
Cons of a Norwegian Cruise Line Cruise
- Because of its family appeal and party-like nightlife, you should be prepared for a crowded onboard environment and long-lines at popular activites. This is especially true during peak sailing season when kids are out of school.
- You’ll find upcharges at some onboard restaurants and activites. Compared to other cruise lines, passengers often feel the cruise line “nickel and dimes” its passengers.
Who It’s For
Norwegian Cruise Line attracts a diverse crowd and is a popular choice for families and young couples who prefer the less structured, and more casual approach to cruising.
The cruise line is an excellent choice for active travelers, foodies, and party-goers
Who It’s Not For
People who hate crowds or prefer a quiet onboard environment should look elsewhere. The cruise line is a popular choice among families and party-goers which creates a loud and crowded onboard environment – especially on sea days.