Norwegian Cruise Line has announced changes to the itineraries of Norwegian Encore’s January 28 and February 4, 2024, sailings. The ports of call remain unchanged, but the arrival and departure times have changed.
Significantly, the departure time from Miami is now set for 5 pm instead of 5:30 pm. Stops at Puerto Plata, St. Thomas, Tortola, and Great Stirrup Cay have seen alterations ranging from one to two hours. Norwegian Cruise Line announced that the altered itinerary improves fuel efficiency by allowing ships to sail slower between destinations.
“We are committed to providing the best vacations at sea and have been working tirelessly to continue to elevate the quality of our offerings and overall guest experience while driving a positive impact on society and the environment,” the notification read. “As we optimize itineraries for fuel efficiencies, we have modified Norwegian Encore’s itinerary.”
With a total reduction of 75 minutes across all ports, these changes necessitate adjustments for guests with private shore excursion plans. Norwegian Cruise Line has assured automatic rescheduling of pre-paid tours booked through them.
Here are the changes:
- Miami departure moved to 5:30 pm instead of 5 pm.
- Norwegian Encore will spend one less hour at Puerto Plata.
- Dominican Republic departure time is now 3 pm instead of 4 pm.
- St. Thomas’ arrival time is now 9 am instead of 11 am. However, the ship will remain docked until the initially scheduled time of 7 pm.
- Tortola’s arrival time is now 6:45 am instead of 6 pm. And the departure time is now 2:30 pm instead of 3 pm.
- Virgin Island calls remain the same.
- The last visit to Great Stirrup Cay has been shortened by one hour.
- Arrival in Miami remains unchanged, with a 7 am arrival time. So guests don’t need to adjust their return home plans.
The cruise line reminds guests to check their shore excursions to ensure they work with the new itinerary. Passengers should check with tours booked directly with shore excursion providers or third-party companies to reschedule or cancel if necessary. Any shore excursions booked through the cruise line have been automatically adjusted to accommodate the new port times.
Guests on upcoming Norwegian Encore cruises are advised to maintain close communication with their travel agents or the cruise line for potential similar adjustments.