Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club rewards loyal passengers with incredible perks and benefits.
Like many cruise loyalty programs, the Captain’s Club program doesn’t offer the lowest tier members many valuable perks. But, as you climb the status levels, you’ll quickly reap the perks and freebies that Celebrity offers.
At the highest tier of the loyalty program, Zenith, the Captain’s Club has one of the most spectacular rewards any cruiser can ask for – a free cruise for two.
Our Ultimate Guide to Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club provides everything you need to know from joining the program and all the benefits and perks you can look forward to receiving.
Table of Contents
Celebrity Cruises Captains Club Basics
As a Captain’s Club member, you’ll receive exclusive perks and benefits when you sail with Celebrity Cruises.
Like many loyalty programs, the perks at the lowest tiers aren’t all that valuable. But, as you climb the ranks, you’ll receive all kinds of incredible benefits.
At the very top, Zenith members receive one of the best rewards every avid cruiser dreams about – a free cruise for two.
It’s important to note that some of the Captain’s Club benefits have lost their appeal now that the cruise line has switched to an always included fare. The new pricing strategy consists of the Celebrity Cruises drink package and onboard internet with your base fare.
The discounts you receive as a Captain’s Club member still come in handy when upgrading to the premium drink package or wifi.
With the change to Always Included pricing, Celebrity elevated their member perks by offering better spa and photo benefits and adding even more onboard events for members.
Additionally, the cruise line is known for running some great promotions for club members. Recent Captain’s Club promotions include double points when booking a balcony cabin or higher. Members also receive exclusive sales not available to regular guests.
How to Sign Up for Captain’s Club
Becoming a member of Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club is easy. All you need to do is sail on a cruise with Celebrity.
After your first voyage, you can create an account on Celebrity Cruises’ website and enroll as a new club member.
Once registered, you can sit back and enjoy the benefits.
Ways to Earn Points
Captain’s Club Members earn points based on the number of days spent on a Celebrity cruise and the room category booked.
The higher the room category, the more points per night you’ll earn when sailing on a Celebrity cruise. You’ll only accumulate points at the end of the cruise.
In other words, you only earn points on nights spent on board, not for booking.
Occasionally, the cruise line offers double-point bookings. If you take advantage of the promotion, you automatically receive double the points when you sail on an eligible itinerary.
You can also earn points by participating in non-sailing activities through the cruise line’s Power Up Points program.
You can earn Power Up Points by taking specific actions, such as posting on social media, filling out a survey, or making a new booking. For every 10 Power Up Points you earn, you’ll receive one Captain’s Club point.
It’s important to note that you must be signed up to receive emails from celebrities to get notifications about new Power Up Points opportunities.
And, when you get an email to earn points, act fast. In our experience, the Power Up Points opportunities are very limited-time offers.
Loyalty Program Tiers and Benefits
There are six tiers to the Captain’s Club program:
- Preview (at 0 points)
- Classic (2 to 149 points)
- Select (150 to 299 points)
- Elite (300 to 749 points)
- Elite Plus (750 to 2,999 points)
- Zenith (3,000 points or more)
Preview (0 Club Points)
You’ll be granted Preview Member status during your first cruise with Celebrity. While a preview member, you won’t be able to redeem any exciting perks.
But Preview Members receive complimentary access to the Captain’s Club Loyalty Desk service center, special offers when booking a future cruise, and regular updates from the online Captain’s Club newsletter.
Preview Tier Rewards
- Access to the Captain’s Club online newsletter
- Eligibility for Captain’s Club special offers when booking your next cruise onboard
- Access to the Captain’s Club Loyalty Desk service center between cruises
- Earn double Club Points when you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)
Classic (2-149 Club Points)
After completing your first cruise with Celebrity Cruises, you’ll reach the Classic tier. This tier includes club members with 2 to 149 points.
Classic members receive access to exclusive Welcome Events, 10% off an internet package or package upgrade, one free scoop of gelato, and one pre-cruise category upgrade through Aqua Class.
Classic Tier Rewards
- Captain’s Club Welcome Event
- Access to exclusive events on specialty sailings
- One pre-cruise category upgrade up to AquaClass (based on availability)
- 10% discount on internet packages and upgrades
- 25% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
- $100 off The Studio photo packages
- 5% discount on Premium Beverage Packages upgrade when purchased pre-cruise
- One complimentary scoop of gelato
Select (150-299 Club Points)
At 150 Club Points, you are a Select Tier Member. Guests with 150 to 299 points get additional perks and benefits such as an exclusive seminar and discounts on internet plans, photo packages, and spa treatments.
Select Tier Rewards
- 25% discount on internet packages and upgrades
- 30% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
- $150 off The Studio photo package
- Complimentary pressing for two clothing/garment items
- Discounted price for one standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on 12-night or longer sailings
- 5% discount on Premium Beverage Package upgrade when purchased pre-cruise
- 10% discount at The Spa (excludes MedSpa and retail)
- Complimentary wine seminar event
- Priority status for shore excursion waitlist
- Platinum Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society
Elite (300-749 Club Points)
At 300 points, you are now an Elite Club Member. This tier is reserved for guests with 300 to 749 Club Points.
Elite members receive additional perks, including 90 mins of complimentary Stream internet access, a complimentary bag of laundry, increased discounts, and access to the Persian Garden on one port day (Solstice and Millennium-class cruise ships only.)
Elite Tier Rewards
- Access to Captain’s Club Coffee Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast
- Unlimited complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu at most bars and lounges throughout the cruise ship daily, between 5 pm-7 pm
- 30% off internet packages and upgrades
- 40% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
- $200 off The Studio photo packages
- There is complimentary access to the Persian Garden on one port day of your choice while the ship is in port. (Solstice® and Millennium® Series Only)
- 10% discount at The Spa (excludes MedSpa and retail)
- 10% discount on Premium Beverage Package upgrade pre-cruise
- Complimentary dry cleaning for one item
- One complimentary bag of laundry during each sailing (wash, dry, fold)
- Access to a private lounge during departure, complete with continental breakfast
- Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor Society
Elite Plus (750-2999 Club Points)
Elite Plus status is achieved once you earn between 750 to 2999 Club Points.
At the Elite Plus level, members receive two complimentary bags of laundry, a 15% discount on specialty dining restaurant cover charges, and complimentary specialty coffee.
Elite Plus Tier Rewards
- Two complimentary bags of laundry on every sailing (wash, dry, fold)
- 15% discount on specialty dining cover charge
- 35% off internet packages and upgrades
- 15% discount at The Spa (excludes MedSpa and retail)
- 40% discount on any digital or print photo package
- $250 off The Studio photo packages
- 10% discount on Premium Beverage Package upgrade when purchased pre-cruise
- Complimentary cappuccino, latte, espresso, and tea throughout your sailing
Zenith (3000+ Club Points)
The most coveted tier in Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club is Zenith status. Zenith members are the cruise line’s most loyal guests and have over 3000+ points.
Perhaps the best reward is the free cruise that members receive upon becoming a Zenith member. You and a partner can use the free cruise on 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda sailings for every 3,000 points earned.
Further, the Top Cruiser on each sailing receives a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant with flowers and wine. This special guest also has the opportunity to take part in an interview with the cruise director. The cruise ship broadcasts the interview on the stateroom televisions.
Zenith Tier Rewards
- Complimentary Unlimited Premium Internet Package (limited to one device)
- Complimentary laundry throughout your sailing
- Complimentary Premium Beverage Package upgrade
- 50% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
- $300 off The Studio photo packages
- 25% off specialty dining cover charge
- 20% discount at The Spa (excludes MedSpa and retail)
- Priority seating in the theater (on evening chic and production show nights, seats released 10 minutes before curtain call)
- Access to Concierge Lunch in the Main Dining Room
- Upgraded bath amenities
- Charitable donation on your behalf made by Captain’s Club (See Celebrity cruises.com/captainsclub for full terms and conditions)
- Complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in a veranda stateroom only)
- Complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in an AquaClass® stateroom) at 6,000 points, and every 3,000 points after that
Crossover Benefits on Royal Caribbean Sailings
Club members qualify for reciprocity with Celebrity’s Sister brand, Royal Caribbean International. The shared status allows club members to have access to comparable benefits when they sail on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruises.
Captain’s Club Members qualify for crossover benefits with Royal Caribbean Crown and Anchor Society through a reciprocity arrangement.
Celebrity Cruises Select Tier guests can receive Platinum level when they sail on Royal Caribbean. And, Elite Level guests receive Diamond status on Royal Caribbean cruises.
It’s important to note that the top tiers on each loyalty program are not eligible for matching.
Although you will receive crossover membership benefits when you sail with Royal Caribbean, you will only accumulate points when sailing with Celebrity Cruises.
Credits earned on one brand cannot be combined with points from the other cruise line loyalty programs.
Therefore, to receive Diamond Plus or Pinnacle on Royal Caribbean, you must accumulate the appropriate Crown and Anchor Society points. You’ll need to do the same if you want to earn Elite Plus or Zenith status through Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club.
Finally, the lowest tiers, Gold on Royal Caribbean and Classic on Celebrity Cruises, do not receive any shared benefits.
Additional Perks of Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club
All Celebrity Cruises Captains Club members receive additional perks on partner brands.
Courtesy of a partnership with Hertz Rental Car, Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club members automatically receive 275 Hertz points after the first rental. Additionally, members receive weekly rental discounts, free upgrades, and other special offers.
Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith members enjoy Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership with 550 points.
Club members can take advantage of exclusive perks thanks to Celebrity’s partnership with MGM Resorts. Members are guaranteed the lowest room rates when booking direct when booking a stay at MGM Rewards Destinations.
Other MGM benefits include presale access to events and discounts on select shows. High-tier members may receive additional perks such as a priority check-in line, complimentary Self-Parking, etc.
Additionally, Captains Club members receive discounts through Celebrity Cruises Night Out. The program provides discounts for tickets to a wide variety of entertainment options in over 60 cities across the US.
Finally, Club Members can get up to 20% off any purchase from 1-800-FLOWERS and its family of brands, including Harry & David, Cheryl’s Cookies, Personalization Universe, and The Popcorn Factory.